Balazs Vinnai is a serial entrepreneur, investor, and mentor for growth-stage companies. He is currently the president of W.UP, which helps banks unleash the power of real-time data to understand and serve their customers better.
In this episode, we speak about how he got started in the industry when phones only supported WAP websites and how his vision for the future has guided him over the years. Balazs also shares some tips for those who want to disrupt the fintech industry but don’t know where to start.
Here is a rundown of the episode, if you want to jump ahead:
- 00:20 The story of W.UP begins 20 years ago
- 05:29 How cheques and cash still dominate the world
- 10:47 Know your bank customer in context using W.UP
- 19:20 Banks should be invisible
- 22:34 How to disrupt fintech today
Useful links from episode:
– – –
Banking in Air podcast explores the lives and journeys of founders and technology leaders as they work to overcome challenges while building products in an ever-changing world. Hosted by Marcel Klimo of Vacuumlabs.