Nick Kerigan is a Fintech and Payments industry veteran, most recently at the role Managing Director – Future Payments at Barclaycard. His team has been responsible for designing and developing innovations such as the award-winning Grab+Go and Dine & Dash.
In this episode, we talk about the UK fintech ecosystem helping out with the COVID-19 crisis, power of banking-as-a-service, co-branded cards for Batman fans and more. Listen until the end to hear Nick answer the billion dollar question: What is the future of payments and banking?
Here is a rundown of the episode, if you want to jump ahead:
- 01:50 Why banks like Barclays partner with fintechs
- 06:20 UK Fintech community helping out with Coronavirus relief
- 12:05 The power of banking as a service like Railsbank
- 20:45 Your bank transactions in Excel. Will this work?
- 26:44 Getting kids and teenagers to use banking
- 31:50 On getting a Batman card and the future of co-branded card
- 38:35 What is the future of payments and banking?
Useful links from episode:
Note: Apologies for the lower audio quality at times.
– – –