Brad van Leeuwen is the COO and co-founder of Cledara, which empowers companies to manage all their subscriptions in one place, track budgets, and have all invoices in one place. Brad enjoys creating things that make the world better. His personal mission is to try to understand things from first principles and move from there. Cledara’s mission is to make SaaS scalable for the companies and people that use it. Cledara was named SaaStock SaaS Startup of the Year in 2018, is a member of Techstars London and is backed by Anthemis, one of the world’s top fintech VCs.
In this episode we speak about embedded payments and how they will drive the future of fintech. We also talk about how the market might change.
Here is a rundown of the episode, if you want to jump ahead:
- 02:50 Effect of coronavirus on fintech and startups
- 07:20 How has fintech changed since the last recession
- 15:23 Embedded finance as a pipe for innovation
- 18:10 What is Banking as a service
- 20:20 Brad’s controversial opinions on challenger banking
- 32:13 What you wish you would have known about fintech when you got started
- 41:05 What billboard would you put up at your hometown?
Useful links from episode:
– – –
Banking in Air podcast explores the lives and journeys of founders and technology leaders as they work to overcome challenges as they build products in am ever-changing world. Hosted by Marcel Klimo of Vacuumlabs.